Ashcroft Homes Pvt. Ltd. is a successful home and residential construction company with a strong team and with its growing client base, is looking to recruit 3 bricklayers for a permanent position and competitive industry pay rates. If international candidates, visa support will be provided, based on a successful application.
Job title: Bricklayer
Reports to: Project Manager
Clean work area and ensure that any debris or hazardous material is cleared away.
- Plan the process before beginning work to ensure a clean job.
- Ensure that there is enough material available to put in layers of bricks.
- Make sure that sufficient bricks are available at all times.
- Mix mortar using appropriate techniques.
- Ensure that bricks are laid in a symmetrical manner and that mortar is applied properly to hold them together.
- Manage excess mortar and bricks in order to lessen wastage.
- Shape, cut and trim bricks to make sure that they fit in properly in places such as corners.
- Use a variety of power and hand tools such as hammers and trowels.
- Use pointing tools to apply finishing touches.
- Determine if bricks need to be laid in vertical or horizontal manner.
- Weld metal parts and apply plaster on walls as instructed in the work order.
- Study plans of the building before starting on a bricklaying project.
- Lay out patterns and foundations according to the instructions on work orders.
- Polish new surfaces using a variety of materials and tools.
- Make list of needed materials and tools for the next work day and ensure that stock inventory is sufficient.
- Provide a continuous update of the work to the Project Manager
As the nature of construction is not permanent, this description may include some jobs related to brick laying not stated in this description as well.
- Successfully completed a certified apprenticeship.
- More than three years of experience would be ideal. Less experience would be considered based on the job profile of the candidate.
- Fluent in English and good in communication.
- Reliable and honest.
- LBP Number would be ideal, but not essential.
- Required to bring your own tools.
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates seeking a continuous work flow and interesting projects to develop their portfolio.